Kayne's Samgyatang


SAMGYATANG is a Korean Ginseng Chicken soup, I guess it is their version of a Tinolang Manok (in whole chicken though, in my own option only) but uses GINSENG instead of ginger and has rice inside the chicken!

On this blog post, allow me to share to you this simple yet yummy Korean dish!


We will need:
  • 1 whole chicken (medium size or small one will be good)
  • 2-3 ginseng roots (washed)
  • half cup rice / gluttonous will be okay
  • 6-8 garlics cloves (remove the tips)
  • 2-3 green/spring onions (chopped)
  • salt & pepper
  • Water

Instructions
  1. Wash the rice and strain (keep a side)
  2. Clean the chicken (whole) wash & rub out salt all over it, keep tof 2-3 minutes & rinse
  3. Pat dry the chicken, stuff it with the rice, 1 ginseng, 6-8 garlic, 1 dates
  4. Place the chicken in the pot, add 6-8 cups of water, cover and cook over medium heat from 30-45 minutes (or until it is soft enough according to your preference), for me I usually keep it up to 1 hour. :)

Sauce (optional)
  • Combine salt, sesame seeds, ground pepper, sesame oil, vinegar, soy sauce, vinegar and honey (vary them according to your taste) you may also add onion & jalapeno if desired.



Enjoy & God bless!


JM Kayne @ #KusinaNiKayne
SaveSave

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Meet KAYNE :)

Hello! I am JM Kayne. :)

This blog is a dedicated page for the food that I cook, so I called it #KusinaNiKayne!

For other stories of my life you can visit www.iamjmkayne.com

Get In Touch

Questions, Suggestion and any other comments are welcome! Email me - jmhbacus@gmail.com! God Bless us all! JM Kayne | www.iamjmkayne.com

VISITORS around the WORLD

Flag Counter