Pork Sinigang

#KusinaNiKayne cooks PORK SINIGANG
Photo from : live.thefortsf.com
When I was young I am not familiar with this food. I realize this recipe isn’t so popular in Visayas back then. But now a days, Cebuanos like me tend to enjoy this recipe. Here is my own version of this.
Ingredients

 
·         Pork belly / bones
·         1 bunch spinach 3 tbsp fish sauce
·         1 bunch string beans cut into 2 inch
·         Medium sized tomato, quartered
·         3 pieces chili (or banana pepper)
·         cooking oil
·         water
·         Large onion, sliced
·         1 or 2 pcs eggplant
·         A handful of
·         1 pack sinigang mix

How to cook:

1.      In a hot pan add oil and Sauté the onion until its layers become translucent

2.      Add the pork belly cook until it turns light brown

3.      Put-in the fish sauce and mix

4.      Pour the water and bring to a boil

5.      Add tomatoes then simmer for 40 minutes or until pork is tender

6.      Put-in the sinigang mix and chili

7.      Add the string beans, eggplant (and other veges that you preferred) and simmer for 5 to 8 minutes

8.      Put-in the spinach for a few seconds.

9.      Turn off the heat, and cover the pot. Let the spinach cook using the remaining heat in the pot.

10.  Serve hot. Share and enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Meet KAYNE :)

Hello! I am JM Kayne. :)

This blog is a dedicated page for the food that I cook, so I called it #KusinaNiKayne!

For other stories of my life you can visit www.iamjmkayne.com

Get In Touch

Questions, Suggestion and any other comments are welcome! Email me - jmhbacus@gmail.com! God Bless us all! JM Kayne | www.iamjmkayne.com

VISITORS around the WORLD

Flag Counter